Upcoming and recent grads join our team!
Leidos is seeking a Jr Software Engineer located in Arlington, VA.
Our Unmanned Systems Software Engineering team includes whole-lifecycle development, including documentation and testing, of prototypes and deliverable systems. When you join our team, you will:
- Work on artificial intelligence components for autonomous and unmanned ships
- Collaborate with other organizations to build autonomous systems that can work as a team
- Develop user interfaces for US Government users
- Improve the communications system and enhance cybersecurity
You will work on an Agile software development team in an exciting environment. You will travel less than 25% within the continental US to assist with technology demonstrations and testing.
The Maritime Solutions Division (MSD) of Leidos develops and deploys advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, other governmental agencies and commercial clients. We are currently seeking qualified, motivated, developers to grow a team working unmanned and autonomous systems development. Current and future projects span advanced concept and prototype development, low-rate initial production and full-rate production. The position will require occasional travel to and coordination with engineering activities at other Leidos facilities, in multiple locations across the United States.
MSD is an industry leader in developing, applying, and advancing the state of the art signal processing technologies for C4ISR systems including distributed netted sensor systems, communications systems, positioning systems, tactical decision systems, and autonomous unmanned platforms. Leidos maritime systems are addressing complex mission requirements and pioneering impressive firsts in the application of novel physical insights translated into advanced signal processing solutions applied to the full range of maritime missions. Our team includes an extraordinary group engineers and scientists, located in Arlington VA, Long Beach MS, Newport RI, Bethesda MD, Poulsbo WA, San Diego CA, and other sites around the United States, who support a broad range of activities ranging from advanced prototype development for DARPA, ONR and other S&T customers to support for ongoing Navy missions. You will become part of an elite team that is a recognized leader in maritime systems development.
• Assisting other team members with testing and documentation, working as an integrated team.
• Demonstrate their work regularly for customers and management, gaining exposure and constant feedback.
• Software development is primarily in C++, with some Python and Java
• Bachelor's Degree and less than 2 years of related experience.
• C++ development experience on the Linux operating system.
• Experience with configuring and installing Linux and configuring networking.
• Willing to write documentation and assist with testing as part of the team.
• Good communications skills are required.
• Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.