Job Requisition:Performance Excellence/Continuous Process Improvement Manager
Performance Excellence/Continuous Process Improvement Manager
Leidos has an exciting opportunity to support the Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Environmental Management (EM) Oak Ridge Reservation Cleanup Contract (ORRCC) in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
The Department of Energy (DOE) Oak Ridge Reservation (ORR) was created in 1943 as part of the World War II Manhattan Project to support the development of the world's first atomic weapon. The ORR is comprised of three sites: (1) ORNL, (2) Y-12, and (3) East Tennessee Technology Park (ETTP). Y-12 was originally created to enrich uranium; ORNL produced and separated plutonium, and ETTP produced highly enriched uranium. The ORRCC will continue environmental cleanup and decommissioning activities at the three sites.
- Provide Continuous Process Improvement and Cultural Change Management
- Provide leadership in developing the overall Continuous Improvement plan in alignment with the core environmental mission at the site.
- Evaluate and analyze data, business processes, procedures and controls and identify opportunities for optimization. Identify critical success factors, metrics and KPIs in process analysis and design.
- Plan assign and measure progress of the work of the team to meet project needs, priorities and deadlines.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of implementing CI or Lean improvement techniques
- Experience on contracts valued at $200M+
- Superior organization and planning skills, including the ability to direct and prioritize multiple and complex projects to completion within deadlines
- Security clearance at the Q or TS/SCI level
- Experience managing multiple projects/tasks – federal, commercial, and public
- Experience in incentive-based contracting
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with multiple customers and other site contractors
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
- Creative problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability in change management in support of projects and transformation efforts.
- Some travel may be required
- Experience managing/supporting mission support work on large DOE Maintenance and Operations (M&O) or similar contracts
- Experience in the Toyota Production System (TPS) methodology
- Knowledge and understanding of key process drivers affecting business results
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Engineer (CQE); Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification; and/or graduate degree; equivalent problem-solving skill set
- Demonstrated experience promoting and enabling change within an organization
- Demonstrated experience partnering with client(s) that achieved measurable performance improvements
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:DOE Q
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Process2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.