The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Field Support Engineers- Sys Admin to support a program in Afghanistan.
The Field Support Engineer will be supporting a high profile program to provide operations, maintenance, and associated support for all devices associated with the system. These services shall focus on supporting the Warfighter needs by sustaining adequate support functions. The program is an established Identity Management and Collection solution that has led the effort to identify foes in the War on Terror. Leidos assists in this worldwide effort by aiding the US Military in the utilization of technology to positively identify individuals in a shifting world of identities. Team Leidos has been providing world class development and field support to the program since its inception in 2004. We have worked side-by-side with our DoD Partners to develop, deploy, maintain, train and operate the program wherever it has been deployed as a force multiplier in the critical war on terror mission. The position level of effort is 12 hours per day, seven days per week, for 84 hours per week.
The successful candidate will provide critical system administration and operations, and maintenance support to include technical support services for the US Army on the system, including servers, laptops, and handheld collection platforms; to include planning, operation, optimization, security administration, maintenance, and network management. Individual must be self-motivated and able to handle daily tasks on their own with little supervision.
Assist the Warfighter with daily system tasks, including the following:
• General systems and database operations, administration, maintenance, documentation, and reporting.
• Customer interaction in response to reported problems, defining requirements and user training requests.
• System start-up, initialization, and shut down
• Software patch implementation and testing and system maintenance checks and repairs
• Security checks of daily logs
• Daily operation of servers, including email servers and web servers
• LAN administration and coordination with WANs
• Network security functions IAW the System Security Authorization Agreement (SSAA)
• Database transaction reconciliation
• Database administration, including extracting data for reporting purposes
• Implementing system upgrades, including planning, scheduling, testing, and coordinating and managing system network availability.
• Implement IA patches, including QA and QC checks
• Manage server and database applications and user accounts
• Identification and resolution of network connectivity issues, software and hardware upgrades, and general maintenance of laptops, servers and peripherals.
• Collaboration and coordination with outside organizations will be periodically necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Field Operations Manager.
• Must have an a ctive DoD TS/SCI or Top Secret with current SCI-DCID 6/4.
- Requires a High School Diploma at a minimum and 3+ years of relevant experience.
• Requires 2+ years of systems administration or relevant IT experience, with a proven ability to troubleshoot hardware, networking, SQL Server and Windows operating systems.
• Currently possess DoD 8570 at the IAT level II, consisting of 2 or more of the following: Security+ CE, GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), A+ Essentials, Network +, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), or any other CE certificate approved by DoD 8570 at the IAT level II profile.
• Proven ability to create scripts for system administration/setup, examine firewalls and ports to identify and fix communication issues, perform database maintenance, ensure data integrity and track hardware locations.
• Ability to formally present materials in understandable and intelligible formats; in both stand-up instruction and written arrangements. Be able to effectively measure student progress and provide constructive feedback.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of PCs and all programs included in the Microsoft Office application suite.
• Working knowledge of programming languages in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic or Visual C#, Web Administration (IIS), and software and hardware test procedures.
• Military and/or national intelligence background with a clear understanding of the military structure, mission and responsibilities.
• Prior experience in Afghanistan, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar or similar surroundings.
Additional Deployment Criteria:
- Position requires individual to pass medical, dental, and psychological screenings according to criteria established by the customer. (i.e., not criteria established by Leidos) and be designated "fit for deployment."
- The position level of effort is 12 hours per day, seven days per week, for 84 hours per week.
- Professional customer-focused attitude, impeccable teamwork, and ethics.