Leidos In Brief
Leidos is considered one of the most innovative defense contractors by both customers and competitors. We are also ranked as one of the world's most ethical companies by the Human Rights Campaign and Ethisphere. Our new Charlottesville office is proud to offer a chance to solve challenging and meaningful problems in a skunkworks culture with concrete support for your career goals and growth. Join a decades-long tradition of elbow grease and good software as we expand in Charlottesville and come make something new. If you are considering relocating to Charlottesville, we will assist with the relocation costs.
Cloud Software Engineer
Leidos is seeking talented engineers for the Applied Systems team with significant prior experience using Azure or AWS for a broad suite of services. Engineers would join an existing Scrum team for application transition and elastic scalability in production. This role's responsibilities center on performing the initial triage of systems and system designs then architecting their use of elastic provisioning and containerization. As a result, this role is a 30/70 split between architecture and software engineering and could be expected to progress along either career track.
The Immediate Need
Successful candidates must have most or all of the following qualifications, generally demonstrated concretely on professional projects.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Four or more years of professional experience in product-driven software engineering at scale
- Fluency in C#, Java, or Scala, and familiarity with Python, Bash, or Powershell
- Professional experience with a cloud provider, ideally Azure or AWS
- Security requirements: be able to obtain a US TS SCI Clearance
We believe that the following skills are good predictors for long-term success in this role and career track. Ideally, candidates will have at least one of these and possibly two or three.
- Priors with the production deployment of Spark, Accumulo, Kafka, or Kudu
- Professional experience with schema design for SQL or NewSQL databases
- Priors with the design and implementation of serverless application models
- Professional experience with test-driven development and refactoring
- Demonstrable understanding of RESTful API design
- Professional experience with Ansible or Docker