Job Requisition:Senior Project Manager
The Logistics & Mission Support operation at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Project Manager to work at Fort Beauvoir in Virginia. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the INSCOM G4 mission.
• Plans and organizes the management of a project or series of smaller projects or a definable piece of a larger program for successful completion and performance consistent with contractual requirements, government regulations and program objectives.
• Oversee and monitor project financial status and performance to maintain contract budget guidelines and schedules.
• Acquires follow-on business associated with established programs or supporting new business development by leading major proposal through subordinate project managers.
• Develops and executes strategic plans and objectives.
• Analyzes performance under contracts to ensure proper utilization of manpower, materials, funds, facilities, and equipment.
• Monitors selected contracts to verify contractual and company objectives are met and provide site assistance when necessary.
• Implements project plans by directing and coordinating project functions in the performance of contracts/orders assigned.
• Establishes division policies, practices, and revisions to existing policies and practices as required to meet company, contracts and order requirements.
• Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and other practices set forth by upper management directives.
• Maintains customer contacts and visitations to ensure mature relationships.
• Provides leadership, objectives, incentives and attitudes to assigned staff that leads to a quality project.
• Oversee projects based on performance, schedule, quality and operating costs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and 10 years’ experience as a project manager.
• Knowledge of the functions and operations of major U. S. military commands.
• Complete understanding of contract cost and pricing principles that translates efforts in achievements especially in acquiring new and follow-on business.
• Excellent communication, effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of various computer programs (i.e. Power Point, Excel, Word, and Project).
• Advanced leadership and decision-making skills to effectively lead cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.