Information Technology Manager
Leidos has an exciting opportunity to support the Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Environmental Management (EM) Oak Ridge Reservation Cleanup Contract (ORRCC) in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
The Department of Energy (DOE) Oak Ridge Reservation (ORR) was created in 1943 as part of the World War II Manhattan Project to support the development of the world's first atomic weapon. The ORR is comprised of three sites: (1) ORNL, (2) Y-12, and (3) East Tennessee Technology Park (ETTP). Y-12 was originally created to enrich uranium; ORNL produced and separated plutonium, and ETTP produced highly enriched uranium. The ORRCC will continue environmental cleanup and decommissioning activities at the three sites.
- Experience in providing infrastructure and operational leadership
- Ensure seamless operations between various infrastructure components in a complex architectural environment
- Provide technical leadership in operational policies and procedures
- Software applications management and cyber security
- Ensure infrastructure SLAs are being met and ensure action plans are in place to monitor KPIs
- Implement operational best practices to align with specific business needs
- Support security audits to ensure full FISMA compliance.
- Customer Service - works well with clients and other vendors in achieving mission success and is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Strong Communication Skills - be able to expresses key ideas and obtain tangible feedback from cross-functional team members and stakeholders.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving - identifies risks and problems, and be able to conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis to generate and evaluate alternatives and to make recommendations.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of experience relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in software applications management and cyber security
- Experience on contracts valued at $200M+
- Security clearance at the Q or TS/SCI level
- Experience in managing projects - federal, commercial, and/or public
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Familiarity with organizational change management
- Demonstrates a high degree of customer service and team work
- Some travel may be required
- Experience managing/supporting mission support work on large DOE Maintenance and Operations (M&O) or similar contracts
- Professional certifications such as ITILv, Cloud, CISSP, etc.
- Demonstrated experience promoting and enabling change within an organization
- Demonstrated experience partnering with client(s) that achieved measurable performance improvements
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with multiple customers and other site contractors
- Experience in incentive-based contracting