The Defense Health Operation of Leidos is currently looking for a Research Engineer II to support biomedical research at the Naval Medical Research Unit, San Antonio (NAMRU-SA) in San Antonio, TX. NAMRU-SA conducts gap driven combat casualty care, craniofacial, and directed energy research to improve survival, operational readiness, and safety of Department of Defense personnel engaged in routine and expeditionary operations.
The ideal candidate shall:
Support and conduct research, development, test and evaluation addressing various aspects of military medicine, including, but not limited to improving the diagnoses, treatment, and prevention of combat casualties and oral/dental/craniofacial diseases. Aid the development of experimental proposals, develop project test plans and test procedures, and prepare experimental hardware and software using knowledge and experience in: biomedical systems and instrumentation, real-time/embedded systems, non-invasive diagnostics, and rapid prototyping. Collect and evaluate data sets in both laboratory and field testing, assist in the development of presentation materials, and present findings at technical and professional meetings.
- Work is to be primarily performed on a government installation. The normal work week is Monday through Friday 0800 to 1630.
- Some offsite travel (~10%) may be required for data collection efforts, presentations, etc.
- The candidate will be required to acquire, at a minimum, a SECRET classification access level. Preference will be given to a candidate who already has this clearance level.
- Due to Federal contract requirements, US citizenship is required.
- Candidates must have completed a Bachelor degree from an accredited US university, or international university of equivalent standard, in Electrical or Computer Engineering or a related field and at least 2 years of professional experience
- Candidates must demonstrate a strong understanding of electronic/microprocessor-based control systems
- Candidates must maintain a knowledge of and experience with MATLAB/Simulink/LabView
- Ability to work independently and as part of an engineering team
- Strong analytical skills and ability to collaborate with a team of engineers and scientists; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Master's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related field
- Experience with object-oriented programming, C/C++, Python, LINUX
- Experience in technical report writing