Leidos is actively interviewing for a Weapons System Engineer to join our team in California, MD. This position is located in Maryland. An active Top Secret clearance is required.
The Weapons Systems Engineer (WSE) coordinates System-of-Systems Engineering activities among multiple established NAVAIR product lines in a classified agile engineering and development environment, leading Concept of Employment (CONEMP) development, requirements development, functional allocation, and inter-segment interface development at the weapons system level.
The WSE elicits concepts of employment and functional expectations from stakeholders including operational system users, and must be comfortable communicating with mid- to senior military leadership using applicable tactical terminology. The ability to successfully communicate program objectives and intentions to varied audiences is a critical skill. The WSE creates technical reports and white papers; briefs programmatic, technical, and operational audiences; and coordinates the development of Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) architecture products to ensure consistency among weapons system CONEMP, functional, and interface requirements.
As a shared resource, the WSE coordinates with engineering leadership in each weapons system segment to ensure successful requirement decomposition at the segment level for segment engineering, design, development, and integration. This coordination includes navigating among differing classification levels; the WSE must be able to transition smoothly among organizations with varying clearances and needs-to-know.
- Coordinate fleet and operational stakeholder engagement events for CONEMP and requirements elicitation
- Coordinate weapons-system-level requirements generation and functional allocation among weapons system segments
- Coordinate inter-segment interface working groups
- Capture systems engineering products in MBSE architecture products
- Serve as subject matter expert for one weapons system segment
- Work with Program Coordinator and Chief Engineer to align CONEMP and requirements development with program roadmap
- Support execution of program objectives via participation in risk boards, program management reviews, SETR events, and weapons-system-level coordination meetings
- Provide general systems engineering support as tasked by the Chief Engineer
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in technical field and 10 years of relevant experience.; additional experience may be may be substituted for degree
- Demonstrated ability to create effective, coherent briefing products and technical reports for programmatic, operational, and technical audiences at both executive and action officer levels
- Demonstrated experience applying System Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and best practices comprising concept development, requirements engineering, architecture, design and development, integration, test and evaluation, and operations and maintenance
- Direct experience supporting U.S. Navy weapons systems engineering in an acquisition environment
- Currently possess a DoD Top Secret security clearance
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience operating DoD weapons systems