No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear.
Leidos is seeking a principal Windows Systems Engineer to join our team in support of a federal law enforcement agency. The selected candidate will be given an opportunity to exercise and expand his or her skills in an enterprise environment filled with unique challenges. Viewed as a technical subject matter expert. The successful candidate will be a thought leader and implement solutions leveraging industry best practices.
A passion for information technology, problem-solving, and a desire to continuously learn are indicators of the success of this role. The position is expansive and additional responsibilities may be assigned.
Some of the responsibilities associated with this position include:
- Provide technical leadership for project-based assignments
-Design and define system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
-Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Complete technical documentation to design, test, implement, train, and transition solutions to operational support.
- Serve as Tier III system support for operational systems as required.
• Work in partnership with other teams to identify requirements and deliverables
• Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
• Prepares and manages new systems; following program guidelines for documentation for transition to operations.
• Interacts with customers and appropriate representatives to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage the requirements.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
• Participates in special projects as required.
• Publish technical analysis and white papers/briefings.
Must currently possess an active Secret security clearance
• Requires BS in Computer Science or related field and 12+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
• Enterprise Windows, Active Directory and Virtualization experience
• Prior project leadership experience to design, document and implement infrastructure solutions to solve business problems.
• Enterprise-class infrastructure/system engineering experience with Microsoft platforms running on servers utilizing direct-attached and SAN attached storage to design and implement system infrastructure upgrades.
• Advanced experience designing, implementing and managing high availability/ clustering and disaster recovery environments
• Supports establishment of plans and templates in line with the overall technical architecture format and program infrastructure platform.
• Ability to plan, manage time according to schedules, and provide timely status updates
• Ability to quickly learns new tools and resolves issues using all available resources.
• VMware & Hyper-V infrastructure troubleshooting experience
• Advanced experience designing, implementing and managing enterprise solutions using Microsoft, HP and VMWare 5.x and 6.x technologies. Includes Active Directory, HP blade hardware and virtual platform, Windows Server 2012 r2 and 2016, Windows, SQL Server 2012, 2014 and backup technologies
• Hands on experience with tiered storage, replication, DR, and snap shot technologies.
• Working knowledge of integrated converged stack infrastructure & hyper convergence stacks
• Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IP Networking VPN's, switching, and routing
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Proactive thinker and self-starter, must be able to innovate and think out of the box