Job Requisition:Systems Engineer
Leidos is seeking a Systems Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration's En-Route Automation
Modernization ERAM) technology, which is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System helping to
advance our transition from a ground-based of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management.
The System Engineer duties include:
- Requirements development (A-Level and B-Level) on large software development programs
- Systems design; system interface definitions; sustaining engineering support through a product's lifecycle.
- Technical manual updates and inspection support.
- Support analysis of customer problem reports (and enhancement requests)
- Work directly with FAA customers to ensure a valid understanding of the problem (or requested enhancement) and need.
- Develop technical solutions, prepare trade studies when required, decompose the solution into system-level and software requirements
- Author white papers that document the above.
- Provide sustaining engineering to the Software, and Integration & Test teams in the proper behavior and verification of the documented solutions.
Typically requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
Previous technical experience on the ERAM program
Previous experience working with the FAA customer
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to spam.l[email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.