Job Requisition:Senior Systems Administrator - TS/SCI w/ Poly Required
Seeking a Senior System Administrator to provide operations and maintenance support for mission communications systems. The Candidate will maintain the hardware and software systems as well as monitor the infrastructure to ensure availability, reliability, and performance. Key duties include maintaining operating systems (primarily Linux), application support, integration, design, and assistance as needed with additional duties to support the team. The candidate must also have some Windows System Administration expertise as well.
- Linux OS patching, file and server backups, maintaining group policies, booting servers, troubleshooting server issues, and managing print server installs, updates, and permissions.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments and software. Schedule, plan and perform system upgrades
- Developing engineering preventive maintenance plans
- Executing remedial and preventive maintenance activities remotely and in the field
- Installing, maintaining, and upgrading Linux OS servers, software-based maintenance tools and other related application;
- Responsible for data transfers when needed
- Work with ISSMs on scan results and be able to provide next steps regarding
- BS in Computer Science or related field with 12+ years of experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- 8+ years of hands-on Linux Administration experience
- Significant experience in both Windows and Linux Systems administration.
- Experience supporting a medium sized (~500) user environment
- Knowledgeable of IC system security standards and INFOSEC processes and boards
- Possess strong troubleshooting, problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
- An active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance is required for this position
- Networking/telephony experience a plus
- Experience maintaining system security plans.
- Ability to lead technical teams to success
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration1000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.