Seeking a System engineer in this exciting position working with the Tech Director on developing innovative concepts and solutions dealing with RF technology. The candidate will take customer requirements and work with vendors and external groups to define, implement, and deploy new RF communication capabilities. The individual must be able to demonstrate the ability to balance user and functional requirements in an ever-changing environment.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, cost estimation, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Provide formal documentation and status reports that server the group and serve as reference for other teams
- Provide support across the RF communications system development and review environment
- Apply, as appropriate, activity and data modeling, transaction flow analysis, internal control and risk analysis and modern business methods and performance measurement techniques
- Create and apply business process improvement practices to re-engineer methodology for problem solutions
- Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve workflow
- Develop analytical computational techniques and methodology for problem solutions
- Develop and execute test plans to verify project performance/requirements
- BS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineer, Computer Science, Physics or related field with 12+ years of experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- RF Communications system analysis and development experience, especially with LPD/LPI and secure communications systems
- Provide project analysis based on requirements, cost, and schedule performance to include development of recommendations to correct performance variance
- Ability to develop and document overall System Level design, function, and performance criteria
- Ability to develop prototypes for suggested/recommended solutions
- Ability to debug and correct system level problems and issues
- Experience in use of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Strong communication skills to interface with internal and external customers
- An active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph is required for this position
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.