Seeking a Senior System Administrator to provide operations and maintenance support for mission communications systems. The Candidate will maintain the hardware and software systems as well as monitor the infrastructure to ensure availability, reliability, and performance. Key duties include maintaining operating systems (primarily Linux), application support, integration, design, and assistance as needed with additional duties to support the team. The candidate must also have some Windows System Administration expertise as well.
- Linux OS patching, file and server backups, maintaining group policies, booting servers, troubleshooting server issues, and managing print server installs, updates, and permissions.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments and software. Schedule, plan and perform system upgrades
- Developing engineering preventive maintenance plans
- Executing remedial and preventive maintenance activities remotely and in the field
- Installing, maintaining, and upgrading Linux OS servers, software-based maintenance tools and other related application;
- Responsible for data transfers when needed
- Work with ISSMs on scan results and be able to provide next steps regarding
- BS in Computer Science or related field with 12+ years of experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- 8+ years of hands-on Linux Administration experience
- Significant experience in both Windows and Linux Systems administration.
- Experience supporting a medium sized (~500) user environment
- Knowledgeable of IC system security standards and INFOSEC processes and boards
- Possess strong troubleshooting, problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
- An active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance is required for this position
- Networking/telephony experience a plus
- Experience maintaining system security plans.
- Ability to lead technical teams to success