The Network Engineer position is in direct support of the enterprise Operations and Maintenance (O&M) team responsible for a very large and complex network infrastructure. The position requires an up-to-date knowledge in network engineering, with the ability to complete very difficult and complex assignments. The candidate is expected to provide network administration (i.e. switch/router installation and configuration), crypto support, patching (i.e. 3rd party apps, desktop, and server), and have monitoring experience (i.e. SCOM and SolarWinds). The candidate will also need to have a basic understanding of virtual server configuration regarding high availability, cluster nodes, Hyper-V, and standalone.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Provide Active Directory, Server/Destktop, and Thin Client support
- Maintain the network hardware and software and monitor the network to ensure network availability to all system users;
- Perform the necessary maintenance to support network availability
- Perform installations, upgrades, support and problem resolution for mainly Linux based operating systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar field with 12+ years of experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- 6+ years of Network Engineering experience with increasingly complex responsibilities during the time period;
- Must have demonstrated experience with backup technologies like NetApp and Data Protection Management (DPM)
- 1+ year of Juniper experience;
- 1+ years of experience coding in scripting languages (, Python, and/or PowerShell) and Java
- Demonstrated experience with the operation of Cisco network switches, routers, IOS commands, Juniper firewalls, etc.
- Occasional OCONUS and CONUS travel to sites for installation and maintenance
- An active TS/SCI with Polygraph is required for this position
- Experience Azure
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification;