Work as a Software Engineer in a collaborative agile team-focused environment. Candidate is responsible for the development of new features and the application of security patches to a customized Ubuntu-based client machine build as well as a set of CentOS based servers. Lead parts of software development efforts through all aspects of the software engineering life cycle including scope and work estimation, design, documentation, implementation, testing and integration. Assist in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. Must be dynamic, innovative, self-starting problem solver. Must have the aptitude and attitude to tackle unsolved technical challenges.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Administering high-level tasks on the servers as well as providing tier 3 support for the client build.
- Provide script and/or code changes while accounting for integration between developer code, the OS, VMware, the browser, and hardware to provide for a simplified and unified user environment and experience
- Refining and enhancing existing applications to better meet the customer's mission.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 8+ years' experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- 4+ years' experience working in software engineering, applications development and/or web application development and deployment
- Experience with WMware, Apache (middleware) and performing Linux systems administration
- Experience with firewalls and with network connectivity
- Extensive understanding of both Type-1 and Type-2 encryption, including virtual private networks (VPNs) from both an engineering and implementation perspectives
- An active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance is required for this position
- Knowledge of Agile development using SAFe
- Experience using Jira
- Experience with Red Hat Based Linux, specifically CentOS
- Experience with HTML, Firefox extension development, and Linux Live Cd
- Experience with Windows system administration
- Working knowledge of the implementation of LDAP and Kerberos for Linux user authentication and authorization