Job Requisition:Oracle/Avaya Voice Engineer
Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Oracle/Avaya Voice Engineer. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
- Architect, design and implement Oracle Session Border Controllers (SBC), Cisco Unified Border Elements (CUBEs), and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP):
- Writing testing an implementing Header Manipulation Rules (HMRs) based on interoperability requirements
- Upgrades, troubleshooting and consultancy in these areas.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and testing of Oracle SBC, SIP to Integrated Access Devices (IADs), and SIP to PBX technologies.
- Implementation and support of Oracle SBC hardware & Software, including Oracle Communications Operations Manager (OCOM).
- Perform system maintenances, upgrades and migrations.
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of overall related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s progressive unified communications experience.
- Excellent knowledge of SIP signaling and call-flows.
- Experience in SIP internetworking
- Experience in troubleshooting large scale VoIP networks.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in designing and implementing VoIP technologies.
- Excellent working knowledge of Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) including G.711 and G.729 codecs, and Digital Tone Multi Frequency (DTMF).
- Experience with Oracle SBCs and Cisco CUBEs
- Installation/Maintenance/Administration of Avaya systems
- Experience with Oracle Communications Operations Monitoring tool (OCOM)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Oracle Communications Session Border Controller Implementation Essentials certification (Exam code: 1Z0-400).
- Acme Packet Certified Professional Network Engineer (ACP-N) certification
- 3 to 5 years of experience in administering, engineering and troubleshooting Cisco/Oracle voice infrastructure
- 3 to 5 years of experience in implementing and troubleshooting large scale Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) networks.
- Knowledge of Quality of Service (QoS) and Differentiated Services Code Point.
External Referral Eligible