Job Requisition:Test Engineer System Integrator Air Traffic
Leidos is seeking a Test Engineer / System Integrator who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA's) En Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) technology. ERAM is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) and the pulse of the National Airspace System, helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management.
ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for the FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management (SWIM), Data Communications (Data Comm), and Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B). ERAM will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow.
• Working with the Problem Report Verification test team for the ERAM Air Traffic Control Program including the development and execution of test procedures to verify requirements and problem report fixes,
• Integration of new hardware and software into the system baseline, execution of test procedures to evaluate system for capabilities,
• Scenario development to inject flights into the system,
• Writing/editing/executing/debugging test productivity tools
Analyze data in support of customer design requirements, data reduction and analysis of test output.
• A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
• Test engineering and Integration experience on large development programs
• Test engineering experience including test approach and procedure development, scenario development, test execution, results analysis, and documentation and configuration management.
• Systems Integration experience including debugging, analysis, and problem resolution
• Ability to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer.
• Ability to interface and collaborate across team boundaries, as well as with customers, to ensure complete and accurate verification status
• Ability to assess system changes and determine system impacts
• Ability to demonstrate a commitment to personal and corporate excellence, ethical behavior, and integrity.
• Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt and change to meet customer requirements.
• Ability to communicate effectively with excellent written and oral skills.
• Occasional need to work off-shift and/or on weekends.
• Experience in the use of UNIX and Linux operating systems
• Strong integration skills
• Strong communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong organizational skills - attentive to details
Additionally, the following skills/experiences are preferred:
• FAA Air Traffic domain knowledge
• Experience with Leidos Civil System Engineering processes
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.