Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient through information technology, engineering and science. careC2™, a Leidos Health Products and Services business, is delivering on this mission with a next generation care coordination software solution that enables the healthcare enterprise to effectively and efficiently manage the delivery of care. This single, consolidated environment for managing episodes of care with a real-time, common view for all care providers - including patients, families, clinicians and other care givers or coordinators - reduces variation and potential issues as it follows the patient through each phase of their medical care treatment, measuring how well the care providers are performing against and expected outcome. We are re-imagining how we provide visibility, oversight and management of patients across the entire care continuum that is based on consolidated views of the patient's priorities and holistic, actionable insights aimed at improving productivity and enhancing the patient experience.
We seek experienced health care disruptors driven to push the boundaries of what healthcare is and redefining aspects of the industry altogether. We need doers who want to run fast and shape a new product-line business that is well supported by a large, well-established and aggressively growing organization !
Leidos Health Group, careC2 Program, currently has an opening for a Project Manager to work in an exciting fast paced product and service delivery environment. careC2 develops healthcare applications to improve service delivery for populations with chronic conditions.
The Project Manager is responsible for supporting all aspects of a customer engagement to include coordinating with the careC2 services consultants through delivery of applications. This individual provides routine and ad hoc communication to inform and escalate, as the need arises.
The Project Manager will manage assigned tasks to completion within the schedule, budget, and scope of the individual project.
- Facilitate project kick-off and status meetings and communicate individual roles and project expectations.
- Conduct formal project reviews with customer in accordance with the project plan and review all project products to confirm acceptance and satisfaction.
- Conduct reviews with the Customer, Program Management Office, and Senior Management on a periodic basis.
- Keep the PMO Program Manager, Customer, and project team informed of the status of the project being managed.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans, and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) of the tasks required to execute the project.
- Monitor project milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule, and identify ways to resolve schedule issues.
- Ensure that risks associated with the cost, resource, schedule, and technical aspects of the project are identified, assessed, documented, tracked, and mitigated. Escalate issues and develop corrective actions as necessary to keep the customer satisfied within the cost, resource, schedule, and technical boundaries of the implementation.
- Apprise management of issues that impact the project and require management decisions.
- Assess variances from the project plan, and develop and implement changes as necessary to ensure project remains within specified scope as well as time, cost and quality objectives.
- Maintain a collaborative environment with key stakeholders(s).
- Communicate assigned responsibilities to project members for developing artifacts and performing project activities.
- Review project management activities with Program Management Office and Senior Management on a periodic basis.
- Review project-planning activities with the Program Management Office and Project Team on a periodic and event-driven basis.
- Support the Development of estimates for project's effort, costs, and critical resources need according to the specific implementation.
- MBA or Master's Degree in a Health related field, or Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific/technical discipline plus 7 years of experience.
- 6 years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Demonstrated experience with successful interaction between customers and vendors
- Experience with Agile software development
- Strong ability in problem solving and troubleshooting with a firm commitment to quality
- Proven track record of leadership ability Dedication to team environment including cross-functional roles
- Willingness to travel with some overnights at 25% or greater
- Proven history of self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Experience with Microsoft Project or other project management software applications and CRM environments
- Experience with healthcare system IT and data architectures
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Clinical Healthcare experience