No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
The Role Player supports training delivery at the Center for Domestic Preparedness on a part-time basis. Role Players provide an element of realism to training to challenge students and enhance the learning environment. Role Players also support training by assisting with the preparation and recovery of training venues, development of scripts, and other tasks as qualified.
The Center for Domestic Preparedness provides advanced, all-hazards training to approximately 50,000 emergency responders annually from state, local, tribal, and territorial governments, as well as the federal government, foreign governments, and private entities, as available. The scope of training includes preparedness, protection, and response.
• Portray incident victims, hospital patients, protestors, persons requiring decontamination, hostages, dispatchers, incident command roles, government officials, radio operators, and training equipment (ambulance and vehicle) operators.
• Utilize scripts and specific instructions outlining the responsibilities associated with the particular roles and class for which the Role Player is assigned.
• Utilize moulage, special clothing, and props to simulate injuries during training scenarios.
• May perform other duties, such as exercise facilitation, logistics, and equipment management as required.
• Complete any additional assigned tasks by the Role Player Lead.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent and 1 year of professional experience.
• Must possess and exhibit good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule
• All applicants must have the accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act
• Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U. S. citizenship is required.
• Must have an accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act
• Must submit to and obtain final suitability by successful completion of a pre-placement screening consisting of background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
• College credits preferred. Working knowledge of the Center for Domestic Preparedness, the Training Delivery contract is strongly preferred
• Ideal candidate will have completed IS 100, 200, 700, and 800.
• Ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of federal response, including NIMS and ICS.
• Ideal candidate will have experience dealing with disaster management, mass casualty incidents, CBRNE incident response, and civil disturbance response.
• Ideal candidate will have 3 years of experience working within one or more emergency response disciplines supporting all-hazards response.
• Ideal candidate will have 3 years of acting experience.