Leidos is seeking a Cartographic Analyst for our St. Louis, MO customer. A candidate must currently possess an active TS/SCI level security clearance and be willing to obtain a Polygraph level clearance to be considered for this position.
The Cartographic Analyst will work within a government/contractor team environment providing Digital Nautical Chart Production and Notice to Mariners support to existing and developing mission areas. Future needs and capabilities, as well as developmental assignments, are included.
Cartographic analyst duties includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Supporting Standard Nautical Chart production by performing cartographic analyst functions supporting the Enterprise Product on Demand (ePODs)production process
- Notice to Mariners production in order to enhance the timeliness of updated nautical information reaching customers
- Recompilation or updating maritime features and attributes in ESRI based FG MOD production environment
- Extracting features from a variety of sources including but not necessarily limited to rasterized nautical charts, digital hydrographic survey data and ortho-rectified imagery; writing Python Scripts in ARCGIS to improve efficiency of the production process; Data Conversion/migration
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors Degree and 3+ years experience or equivalent.
- An ACTIVE TS/SCI level security clearance and willingness to obtain a Polygraph level clearance upon request is REQUIRED. Access and Investigation must appear in JPAS and be within scope (5 - Years)
- Minimum of 3 years' experience conducting cartographic finishing and feature extraction experience
- Knowledge of ESRI-ArcGIS and PLTS
- Expertise in preparing source material for digitizing, attribution, digitizing boundaries from georeferenced and ortho-rectified sources, applying projection, datum, and coordinate transformations, georeferencing and ortho-rectifing source materials (maps, imagery) and extracting vectors from stereo imagery or elevation data
"External Referral Eligible"