The Life Sciences Operation of the Health Group of Leidos is seeking a Conference Coordinator who will provide meeting planning support to the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP). The CDMRP supports research projects within a broad range of medical research fields and military health. This position requires a U.S. citizen in order to obtain a U.S. Department of Defense security clearance. This position is located in Frederick, Maryland and requires local travel.
- Organization of approximately 20 meetings involving approximately 600 individuals annually in the Baltimore/Washington DC area
- Independently locate, reserve and negotiate hotel package pricing according to government customer guidelines
- C omplete all the necessary documents required to contract with the hotels including Authorization to Contract, hotel cost comparisons and the final hotel contract
- Independently handles correspondence with the meeting attendees to finalize the travel itinerary and correspondence with Leidos Travel to finalize ticketing and making any changes to travel itineraries for attendees.
- Oversee day to day details of meetings including rooming lists, AV requirements, IT requirements, food/beverage requirements
- P rovide onsite support for the Government/customer staff, Leidos staff, and invited attendees at hotel conferences.
- Coordination of attendee registration and travel, including travel for Government staff members utilizing the Defense Travel System
- Assist with transport and setting up Leidos and Government equipment, coordinating with hotel AV staff and event staff to meet customer requirements for each meeting
- E xerts their own judgement and makes many decisions without authorization from a manager
- Preparation and tracking of documents related to meeting approvals, travel, and staff member expense reports
- Tracking and reconciliation of meeting costs in coordination with corporate accounting
Successful candidates will possess:
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
- Scientific background/experience preferred, but not required
Required Education and Experience:
An Associate degree from an accredited college or university with 5 years related experience or a BA degree and 2+ years of related experience.