Leidos is seeking a Test Engineer / System Integrator who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA's) En Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) technology. ERAM is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) and the pulse of the National Airspace System, helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management.
ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for the FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management (SWIM), Data Communications (Data Comm), and Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B). ERAM will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow.
• Working with the Problem Report Verification test team for the ERAM Air Traffic Control Program including the development and execution of test procedures to verify requirements and problem report fixes,
• Integration of new hardware and software into the system baseline, execution of test procedures to evaluate system for capabilities,
• Scenario development to inject flights into the system,
• Writing/editing/executing/debugging test productivity tools
Analyze data in support of customer design requirements, data reduction and analysis of test output.
• A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
• Test engineering and Integration experience on large development programs
• Test engineering experience including test approach and procedure development, scenario development, test execution, results analysis, and documentation and configuration management.
• Systems Integration experience including debugging, analysis, and problem resolution
• Ability to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer.
• Ability to interface and collaborate across team boundaries, as well as with customers, to ensure complete and accurate verification status
• Ability to assess system changes and determine system impacts
• Ability to demonstrate a commitment to personal and corporate excellence, ethical behavior, and integrity.
• Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt and change to meet customer requirements.
• Ability to communicate effectively with excellent written and oral skills.
• Occasional need to work off-shift and/or on weekends.
• Experience in the use of UNIX and Linux operating systems
• Strong integration skills
• Strong communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong organizational skills - attentive to details
Additionally, the following skills/experiences are preferred:
• FAA Air Traffic domain knowledge
• Experience with Leidos Civil System Engineering processes