Job Description:Job Description
The job of the Engineering Technician III is to perform soldering, assembly, and testing of printed circuit boards (PCBs), as well as the installation and termination of various types of cables, including but not limited to coax, and network (Fiber and Copper). The job may include basic construction to and electrical installation. The qualified candidate will install, integrate, and test various systems such as rack mount components and at sea systems. Current experience with soldering surface mount and micro miniature components is a requirement, while O-ring inspection and installation experience will be beneficial for the job responsibilities.Primary Responsibilities
- Soldering, assembly and testing of printed circuit boards.
- Installation and termination of various types of cables, including but not limited to coax, and network (Fiber and Copper).
- Install deep ocean O-ring sealed connectors, inspect O-ring seals before integrating electronics
- Install, integrate, and test various rack mount components.
- Basic construction
- High School Diploma and at least 3 years of relevant experience
- At least 3 years of applicable experience (O-ring inspection and assembly, Low Voltage installation, soldering, assembly and testing of printed circuit boards).
- Basic computer proficiency with MS Office products is also required.
- Candidate may also be required to support testing and calibration exercises in a lab, in the field, or at sea.
- Physical labor required.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret Security clearance
- Soldering certification
- Basic construction
- Forklift operation
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.