The Leidos Security and Transportation Technology (S&TT) Division currently has an opening for a Logistics Project Manager in Vista, CA. The Project Manager will be responsible for the coordination of logistics for Transportation Security Equipment (TSE) to support the mission of the Transportation Security Administration. The successful candidate will be responsible for one of three regional areas within the United States and surrounding territories. Leidos S&TT supports roughly 600 Reveal® Reduced-Sized EDS Systems around the U.S. and outlying territories. These assets require periodic upgrade, relocation, decommissioning and re-installation to meet the needs of the TSA mission. Each one of these activities is coordinated through TSA via delegated System Integrators (SI's). The Project Manager will coordinate all logistical efforts in conjunction with the System Integrators and TSA and Airport Stakeholders to ensure the efforts go according to plan, schedule and budget. Specific duties shall include:
• Serve as primary point of contact for System Integrators (SI's) for coordinating on-site activities at airports to include RSEDS decommissioning's, relocations, installations and upgrades.
• Attend Project Coordination meetings held by SI's and TSA for respective US region of responsibility.
• Document and distribute project scope to technician teams using standardized project work order templates.
• Coordinate with local airport field service staff to have pre-upgrade inspection checklists completed in advance of the upgrade date. This task specific to system upgrades only.
• Place part requests identified as requiring replacement following completion upgrade checklist or following review of decommissioning checklist. These parts will be requested on the project work order form and shipped to technician teams supporting the projects.
• Travel to project sites will be required monthly for Quality Assurance.
• Coordinate project resources through Installations Director.
• Day to day POC with the customer for active projects.
• Liaise with shipping department to expedite part requests from technician teams as they come in from the field during active projects.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in technical or management field. Project Management experience required, PMP preferred.
• Possess 5+ years of experience with Integrated Logistics Support, Field Service or Equipment Deployment projects.
• Must be able to pass TSA background check
• High attention to detail combined with excellent verbal and written communication skills is a must for this position.
• Experience with non-intrusive inspection equipment and checked baggage x-ray equipment is a plus
• Experience in Supply Chain Management is a plus