Leidos is seeking a Systems Engineer Developer/Technical Documentation. The successful candidate will be responsible for reading and comprehending technical whitepapers, assessing the technical manuals library for impacts based on engineering changes, drafting technical changes clearly, concisely, and accurately, coordinating with internal and external stakeholder for implementation concurrence, creating technical diagrams using tools such as Visio, and conducting lab verification and validation activities in support of operation, management, and control of Air Traffic Management Systems developed and fielded by Leidos. Candidates must be able to provide regular status to various levels of technical and non-technical leadership, including those in the FAA and Leidos Systems Engineering, Software, Test, and Second Level Engineering organizations. This position will be located at the William J Hughes Technical Center in Atlantic City New Jersey, Leidos facility in Rockville/Gaithersburg Maryland, or virtual. Occasional travel to FAA and Leidos locations will be required.
• Primary duties will require development of technical changes to support Tech Ops.
• Perform technical documentation development and lab validation for review and approval by FAA Second Level Engineering personnel.
• Establish and maintain a direct working relationship with FAA Book Owners, Second Level Engineering, and Technical Manuals representatives responsible for the FAA systems fielded by Leidos.
• Typically requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience in FAA Technical Operations.
• Prior experience as NAS/NOM, direct experience using ERAM/Data Comm technical manuals to perform operational and/or maintenance changes is required.
• Hands-on, with demonstrated experience engaging with FAA workforce to socialize technical changes and improve user adoption.
• Candidate will be required to represent Leidos to the FAA customer in a positive manner, demonstrating exceptional communication skills, flexibility and adaptability in adjusting to shifting work requirements in an environment that can be fast-paced.
• Demonstrated direct experience developing, implementing, or testing large scale technical changes on compressed schedule deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to work without appreciable direction, modulating schedule to meet and exceed schedule targets.