Today, Electronic Warfare (EW) and Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) are a growing enterprise - protecting the warfighter and our national security against ever-adapting threats. Leidos is seeking a User Interface and Visualization Software Engineer to support EW programs in Arlington, VA. As part of our team, you will focus on the real-time transformation of data from sensors and signals into actionable information and intelligence. You will:
- Participate in design discussions with customers, engineers, and other subject matter experts
- Design, develop, test, and demonstrate storyboards, prototypes, and applications
More broadly, you will advance the state of the art in research and advanced applications to support ongoing and future EW programs. You'll simultaneously get to work alongside scientists and experts in these fields to help grow your own knowledge and career.
You will be responsible for research, design, and development of the user experience and visualization for signal collection and processing/dissemination systems. Duties include designing, developing, and analyzing real-time systems for the extraction of information from signal sensors.
- Document and implement interfaces using TCP/IP sockets, web sockets, DDS, or similar
- Create User Interface documentation and training materia
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- Ability to get and maintain a TS security clearance
- BS in Computer Science (or related) and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters in Computer Science (or related) with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience developing GUIs and data visualizations for installed and browser-based applications that present real-time data and information to the operator
- Experience with tools, libraries, and environments such as Java, Python, C#, C/C++, Qt, D3JS, HTML, MATLAB, and Linux
- Experience with radar signal processing
- Experience with Communications Systems and Software Defined Radios
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
- Adaptability to new challenges with a strong motivation to grow and learn in new areas
- Experience with RaptorX and/or WorldWinds
- Experience with the NS3 Simulator
- Experience with Suppressor and/or AF Sim
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Experience working on Research and Development projects
- Experience developing Android applications for tablets and mobile devices
- Experience working in areas of modeling and simulation (M&S), radar, adaptive radar, signals processing, algorithm development, synthetic aperture radar (SAR) or similar fields