The Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Operation of the Defense Group is seeking a qualified Capture Support Manager to support the pursuit of opportunities across the Department of Defense.
The Capture Support Manager must thrive in an environment where she/he is responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. The Capture Support Manager works directly with Capture Managers and Program Managers to refine our win strategy through technical solutions development, effective teaming, staffing and pricing strategies. This individual works with a capture team to advance opportunities through the pipeline and develop winning proposals. Tasks associated with this role may include teaming analysis and scope definition, competitive intelligence & assessments, development of marketing materials, capture planning, writing of white papers and request for information responses, win theme workshops and proposal development.
The ideal candidate will have worked in the consulting industry for the DoD community. Characteristics necessary for success include: the ability to gain internal support and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers. The position requires excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Perform market research to include customer preferences, competitive analysis and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
- Conduct market research in the Defense Enterprise IT market to support the Operation's strategy and pipeline development.
- Coordinate and participate in meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop win strategy for specific opportunities.
- Develop materials and read-aheads to support customer meetings, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, proposal kickoff materials and proposal reviews.
- Write RFI responses and white papers.
- Proposal writing, proposal management and leadership of management and technical volumes to include project management plans, basis of effort development, technical volumes, past performance and staffing plans.
- Interacts routinely with all levels of Division, Operation and Group management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers, and follow through on tasking
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Travel as required, based on negotiated work location, up to 25% per month to support capture team meetings, industry events and proposal development efforts, which may require overnight stays.
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports.
- Ability to obtain Top Secret clearance.
- 2+ years program management or business development experience a plus.
- Capable of growing into a capture manager role for larger opportunities.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.