The C4ISR Operation of Leidos is searching for a Capture Manager in the Intelligence and Defense markets. Selectee is responsible for winning new major business opportunities. This role requires a highly resourceful and customer relations-oriented individual. Candidate must be capable of developing and maintaining customer and industry relationships in pursuit of new business. The position will report to the Division Business Development Director.
- Develop, maintain and execute capture strategies and detailed capture plans (including call plans).
- Follow Group processes for business development. This may include assembling a capture team, managing a capture team, contacting and existing clients and partners, communicating the organizations core capabilities, and establishing internal and external teaming and managing bid and proposal funding.
- Must be capable of developing (with SME support) solutions for assigned opportunities.
- Manage relationships with partners and staff.
- Participate in business planning activities, to include periodic pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda development, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal reviews. Overseeing the proposal phase is also included.
- Manage all the activities necessary to transform qualified opportunities into wins.
- Have a working knowledge of US Government contracting, contract types and procurement processes.
- Must be team-oriented and demonstrate strong reasoning and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
- Bachelor's degree with 12+ years related experience or a Master's degree with 10+ years of related experience.
- Experience marketing capabilities to Intelligence Community (IC) and/or DoD customers.
- Must be organized, aggressive, highly skilled professional, knowledgeable in government contracting with excellent collaboration skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Familiarity with online tools used by the Federal Government for solicitations.
- Familiarity with Federal GWACs and GSA schedules.
- Experience in supporting large business development programs focused on opportunity identification and development and long term strategy development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to gain support and establish working relationships with managers, peers and staff.
- Proven record of success managing capture efforts within the DoD.
- Demonstrated skills in all areas of business development including: opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer visits, customer relationship development, relationship development with competition, team leadership, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Understanding and experience with DoD and/or Intelligence customers, understanding and experience with intelligence services work.
- Active Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI