Job Requisition:Principal Capture Manager
The Principal Capture Manager is responsible for the capture leadership of assigned opportunities in support of the Defense Group market strategy. The Capture Manager must thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. The ideal candidate will have business development experience in military/Department of Defense market. This individual will be expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity for each capture. Candidates at this level will develop the overall win strategy and perform the associated marketing for assigned opportunities. He/she will develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers. The candidate is expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact with all levels of management, functional POCs, staff, and customers; and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
Characteristics necessary for success include: business and technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budget, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
- Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices
- Serve Division Managers and Operation senior staff as the lead for call plan development and execution, and provide detailed reports on follow up activities after plan execution
- Plan and participate in capture activities, to include opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, collaboration sessions, and proposal reviews
- Interacts routinely with all levels of Operation and Group management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers, and follow through on taskings
- Briefs capture status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process, when material changes occur and as needed
- Conducts after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions
- Mentors less-experienced capture managers in effective capture management approaches and techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 15+ years of related experience or a Master’s degree with 13+ years of related experience
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- A proven track record of successful capture management across multiple DoD organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience working directly with DoD personnel
- Travel as required, based on negotiated work location, up to 25% per month
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)74
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports
- Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners
- Active Secret clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret
- Advanced degree
- Active Top Secret clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Capture Management3000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.