This position is for a Configuration Manager. Individual will support the AF Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) operations in Osan Korea. Individual will maintain computer and communication systems supporting both prototype an continuing operational intelligence systems. Primary responsibilities are to perform on-site and deployed commercial off the shelf (COTS) configuration management of hardware and software to support COTS AF DCGS components. Our personnel will provide all logistical support to maintain AF DCGS equipment in serviceable working condition, whether on-site or deployed, to meet the operational user requirements.
Provide Configuration Management support to tasks such as product design changes and the effects of the overall system. Duties may include:
• Ensuring configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness and proper authorizations and preparing deviations and waivers for government approval when specifications cannot be met.
• Works to achieve day-to-day objectives that consist of non-routine activities and have significant impact on the work output.
• Works independently under limited supervision.
• Solves initially unclear problems and issues, which may require some analysis to understand and resolve.
• May be required to use discretion within the normal operating procedure to solve problems or improve the effectiveness of the equipment.
• Communicates with contacts typically on same project to obtain or provide information on matters of moderate importance
Required Education: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work/military experience
CompTIA Network+, Security+ or comparable DoD 8570 certification
Solaris experience is required
Clearance Required: Must be US Citizen and have a US Government security clearance, cleared for Top Secret information and granted access to a sensitive compartmented information based on a Single Scope Background Investigation
Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) experience is a plus