This position is for a System Administrator. Individual will support the AF Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) operations in Qatar. Primary responsibilities are to perform on-site and deployed commercial off the shelf (COTS) system administration, hardware, software and network maintenance services to support COTS AF DCGS components. Our personnel will provide all logistical support to maintain AF DCGS equipment in serviceable working condition, wher on-site or depooyed, to meet the operational user requirements.
Provide System Administration support to tasks such as mission data backup and restore, database maintenance, user account creation and maintenance, data archiving, performance of data integrity checks, communication-port configuration , security incident reporting and field level Time Compliant Technical Order (TCTO) instruction compliance (to include software baseline upgrade support).
• Implement, install maintain, modify and operate computer systems
• Develop preventative maintenance programs for systems
• Instruct users in the operation and maintenance of the system.
• Manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
• Maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems by maintaining configurations and applying patches and updates to maintain network compliance.
• Serve as a front line interface to users with technical issues
• Make recommendations for hardware and software purchases.
• Interact with technology vendors and internal technical support staff.
• Conduct systems analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technology.
• Install new software, apply patches and updates, perform troubleshooting, grant permissions to applications and train users.
No travel is anticipated for this position
Required Education: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work/military experience
CompTIA Network+, Security+ or comparable DoD 8570 certification
Solaris experience is required
Clearance Required: Must be US Citizen and have a US Government security clearance, cleared for Top Secret information and granted access to a sensitive compartmented information based on a Single Scope Background Investigation
Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) experience is a plus