Job Requisition:careC2 Cloud / Amazon Web Services (AWS) Engineer
The Leidos Health Products & Service Group has an opening for a Cloud / Amazon Web Services (AWS) Engineer with experience in the healthcare or commercial software industry to join a highly skilled team solving real-world problems. As a center of excellence, we strive to provide engaging careers and a collaborative culture to enhance the lives of our employees and develop a thriving workplace. This position will preferably be based out of our office in Morgantown, WV.
You will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining various cloud-native applications in the healthcare domain. You will be responsible to collaborate closely with internal Leidos software development teams and customers to develop the best approaches for deploying and maintaining applications in a cost-effective, repeatable, secure, scalable, and maintainable way.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Leveraging open-source and in-house tools to manage public cloud infrastructure via code.
- Designing reusable infrastructure components for scalable, highly-available, secure cloud architectures for cloud-native applications that adhere to industry regulations (HIPAA, PCI DSS, etc.).
- Providing input and expertise to senior engineers to maintain alignments with best practices and recommending system improvements.
- Designing and maintaining data pipelines using Apache Kafka and other big-data tools.
- Supporting production cloud applications to ensure SLAs are met.
- Participating in design discussions and problem solving sessions.
- Staying current with new trends and technologies.
- Must have US citizenship
- BS Degree with 4+ years' experience in relevant field
- Demonstrated proficiency with AWS, YAML, Ansible, Docker, Tomcat
- Demonstrated proficiency with Unix shell scripting
- Demonstrated proficiency provisioning virtual systems programmatically is required
- Demonstrated proficiency managing Linux systems with automation is required
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one high-level programming language (Java, C#, Go, Python) and one scripting language (Bash)
- AWS certification(s).
- Experience maintaining big-data processes and applications such as Kafka, ZooKeeper, and Hive.
- Experience using NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and DynamoDB.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering3000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.