No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a position supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs to provide expertise on the design, costing, construction and startup of strategic material process systems in new or existing nuclear facilities. This is a full-time contractor-support position located on-site at the NNSA offices in Washington, DC. The Production Facility Analyst has primary responsibility for advising DOE headquarters federal managers on the policies, processes, and interfaces required to verify and validate readiness of facility and process system designs for construction and operation.
• Assisting federal program managers to execute responsibilities required for completing the Critical Decision process as outlined by DOE Order 413.3B.
• Review and provide input on materials supporting the Planning, Programming, Budget and Evaluation PPBE process, participate in meetings with NNSA management, Congress, and Office of Management and Budget on Critical Decision process milestones and progress.
• Establish and maintain interfaces with site personnel charged with designing, building, and operating new facilities and process systems through periodic meetings at the NNSA site.
• Review and assess design, construction, start-up, schedule and operational documents provided by the site manager, including drawings, cost estimates, plans, and procedures.
• Evaluate alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses.
• Required Clearance: Active DOE Q and/or DOD TS clearance
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
• At least 12 years of relevant experience with at least 7 years of related project and construction management experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with application of DOE O 413.3B
• Experience with oversight of cost and schedule for industrial-type construction projects, from planning through design and build.
• Experience with verifying, documenting, and validating to stakeholders system implementation.
• Demonstrated technical understanding of industrial-type process systems and equipment operations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in developing briefings for senior and executive managers.
• Master's degree in engineering or scientific field.
• Project Management Institute certification as a project management professional (PMP).