This position repairs and tests all Varec electronic products and production equipment. Is responsible for providing support to engineers on technical projects and/or products as required. Technician may be asked to travel to customer site for repair and diagnostic work. Primary Responsibilities:
• Receive incoming repair orders.
• Perform hardware testing and RMA repairs in a highly demanding production environment
• Assemble, configure, and test hardware and wireless devices using industry standard protocols to communicate with remote systems
• Configure custom cabinets for customer orders using current drawings and wiring diagrams.
• Upgrade Varec hardware products to meet current industry standards
• Maintain regular inventory audits of hardware
• Document all RMAs and the resolution for customers
• Provide training and guidance to less experienced team members
• Maintain clean work environment
• May be assigned other duties as requiredBasic Qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent and 1 - 3 years of prior relevant experience
• Prior manufacturing work experience
• Capable of removing and re-soldering electronic components on PCBs
• Experience with Microsoft office products (Word, Excel)
• Experience with Manufacturing ERP software systemsDesired Qualifications:
• 2 year electronics degree
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.