The Leidos Intelligence Group/Mission Solutions Operation/Mission Support Division has a Systems Administrator opening for an energetic, experienced, cleared professional seeking a rewarding and challenging opportunity. The successful candidate will be customer oriented, flexible, possess good oral and written communications skills, be adaptable to change and will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic program environment. The Systems Administrator will work at a dedicated facility in the Reston, Virginia area supporting a large program comprised of approximately 150 FTE. Candidates must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
This position will require the candidate to proactively support O&M of the current production system and a stand-alone domain. The program operates in a Windows 2016 Hyper-V server environment. The system hosts a Microsoft.net web environment with a Microsoft SQL 2014 database server back-end. The stand-alone domain consists of Windows 2016; Hyper-V; Windows Clustering; Cisco, HP servers, and Brocade switches; and a HP Storage device for back-ups. The candidate will be responsible for keeping all systems software, and firmware up to date. This includes operating system hotfixes and patches, virus protection engine and data files, and WSUS updates. Candidate will also perform systems administration in this domain to include; user accounts, Active Directory, and McAfee ePO encryption, GPO maintenance, and workstation deployment and configuration.
• Providing desktop support to all program personnel.
• Maintaining a multi-platform network infrastructure for development & production environments.
• Supporting a variety of day-to-day information technology needs. These duties will include, but are not limited to: configuring and performing system backups; user data restoration; and server data restoration.
• Providing IT related status updates as needed to program and customer management.
• Proactively working on problems of difficult scope and ensuring project schedules and performance requirements are met.
• Evaluating, researching, recommending, testing & implementing new technologies for the customer.
• Evaluation, installation and testing of software applications.
• Interfacing with vendors for warranty/trouble calls.
• Preparing/updating system & security compliance documentation to include coordination of SSPs with customer security & Leidos security.
• Supporting system accreditation efforts.
• Maintaining accurate records of Leidos and GFE inventory. Providing reports, and coordinating disposition actions as required.
• Establishing/maintaining the IT program budget for hardware and software.
• Installing, monitoring and maintaining Windows based equipment including workstations and servers utilizing physical and virtual configurations in both development & production environments.
• Supporting software developers with application deployment; assisting with troubleshooting server and application problems.
• Installing and maintaining development tools on the server or desktop.
• Providing Windows domain configuration and support. These duties include but are not limited to: implementing, and administration of Windows Server 2016 domain; security and group policy design and implementation; hardware base lining, development, transition, deployment, and O&M support for a variety of physical and virtual servers; and RAID storage management.
• Bachelors and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience or experience in lieu of degree