This position responsible for managing assembly and shipping/receiving activities for Varec. This position coordinates facilities upkeep, repairs and maintenance with the Procurement department. Must ensure production results in high quality products, are cost effective and completed on schedule.Primary Responsibilities:
• Works directly with production team during assembly and shipping/receiving activities.
• Provides production team a daily activity schedule maintaining an 85% utilization for the team.
• Schedule incoming sales orders in accordance with company guidelines (examples; spare part orders 3 days, complete kits 1 week, etc.).
• Control inventory by the correct posting of BOM's, maintaining and tracking stock transfers and inventory adjustments as needed.
• Conduct monthly cycle counts and make inventory adjustments as needed.
• Create and maintain all inventory items in Varec ERP System (Navision).
• Oversees shipping and receiving operations, backup for the shipping and receiving administrator.
• Regularly communicates with supervision about the status and progress of the team's work.
• Manage set up and teardown of areas for special functions as requested by management.
• Assist with yearend physical inventory
• Assists with recruiting, hiring and onboarding for the production staff.
• Other duties may be assigned as required by management.Basic Qualifications:
• Experience with standard office software like Excel and Outlook
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 3-5 years of prior relevant experienceDesired Qualifications:
• Prior manufacturing experience
• Prior team lead experience
• Experience with ERP software
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.