Leidos has an opening for a Technical Writer/Procurement Specialist to support multiple programs within the Chemical Biological Nuclear Radiological and Explosive (CBRNE) and Infrastructure Protection Portfolio.
- Responsible for editing, proofreading and providing writing support on non-technical and technical documents or sections of documents prepared by multiple writers such as manuals, procedures, briefings, permits, etc. Duties include ensuring documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhering to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style.
- C oordinates contract procurements to include purchasing items under Leidos PCARD, coordinating efforts with Leidos Buyer(s), submitting purchase requests, tracking orders, monitoring equipment receipt, and assisting in property transfer to the Government. When necessary, prioritizes customer orders based on customer needs/requirements.
- Recognizes the urgency of all assignments and initiates the necessary action required to complete assignments in a timely manner to ensure contract requirements are fully satisfied. Prioritizes work efforts with minimal oversight to ensure timely responses to customer demands and expectations. Searches for and collects a variety of information for the Program Managers use to include trending analysis on procurements, staffing, and contract deliverables.
- Duties will include interaction and communication with Program managers and Leidos senior leadership, a broad variety of stakeholders, contractor and government personnel.
- Carries out high priority and/or special assignments and projects assigned by the Portfolio Manager and or PMs on a wide variety of sensitive and confidential matters. Uses prior experiences to initiate, plan, and execute job responsibilities, which may include adapting to customer and Leidos requirement(s) changes and/or contract modifications. Uses technical writing and editing skills to assist the PMs in developing, tracking, and distributing monthly reports and final contract reports in accordance with Contract Data Reporting Lines.
- Requires a minimum of a High school diploma or equivalent and 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have 1 year of experience performing Technical Writing duties to include the following; p lanning, developing, organizing, writing and editing operational procedures and manuals
- Ability to obtain a Government Common Access Card necessary for demilitarization facility access.
- Previous experience in working procurements.