No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
We have an immediate need for a Chief Security Architect (CSA) to join our DHS Enterprise SOC Team. The CSA will be the lead technical member of a ~15 person Security Engineering group support over 50 members of an Enterprise Security Operations Center (ESOC) for the Department of Homeland Security.
The CSA will serve as a key technical point of contact for the DHS Director of Security Engineering and provide support to the DHS Director of Security Operations.
- Provides technical leadership to a team of Senior/Junior Security Engineers with a broad scope of capabilities including: RSA/Archer Ticketing system; Splunk; Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) gateways; policy enforcement endpoints; Bluecoat; FireEye; security stacks, networking protocols, Threat Intelligence Platforms; Cloud technology; mobility; and other security operations related technologies.
- Provides a single technical Point-of-Contact (POC) for our IT Service provider - OneNet - to direct their
- their efforts to ensure favorable, security-minded decision-making.
- Provides on-call support for the 24x7 Security Operations function when needed.
- Participates in the technology selection process
- Works with the Acquisition team to ensure that the most cost-effective technical solutions are selected.
- Works with Security Operations to define security requirements for new technology.
- Participates and directs accepting testing efforts to ensure that new technology meets client needs.
- Constantly looks for ways to lower the capital investment for DHS solutions with more effective technology solutions.
- Works as a member of Security Engineering SCRUM teams to make sure engineering work is accelerated and efficient.
- Makes technology recommendations with professional presentations to DHS Directors and CISO's.
- Works on efforts at the IDIQ level to leverage technical solutions and capabilities across multiple Task Orders on the IDIQ.
- The candidate must currently possess or be able to obtain a DHS EOD and be eligible for Top Secret/SCI.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree and 20 years of prior relevant experience or Master's Degree and 15 years of prior relevant experience.
- At least 4 years of previous experience as a Security Engineer or a similar role
- General knowledge of Splunk technology with hands-on experience preferred
- Software development experience in at least one programming language and one scripting language contributing to large development projects
- Experience with some enterprise applications
- In-depth experience in five with a preference of seven or more of the following: networking protocols; cloud technologies; virtualization; routers; security stacks;
incident response; Threat Intelligence Platforms; BlueCoat; FireEye; mobility; penetration testing; Authorization and Accreditation (A&A); EnCase/malware analysis; network packet capture analysis.
- Possesses a general understanding of enterprise level performance issues and mitigations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated.
- Ability to direct the work of other security engineers
- Sr. Level security or management certification is required, e.g. CISSP. Additional certifications are highly desirable.