The Leidos Airborne Solutions Operations has an opening with a growing Airborne Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance (ISR) program as a mission equipment Platform Lead. The selected candidate will organize all facets of sensor upgrades, to include advancements, integrating of software architecture to existing and new sensor technology, and culminating with fielding of the modified system. Working closely with the test and engineering team, the Platform Lead develops progress reports ensuring timely notification to management and the Government on current status. The successful candidate guides and coordinates new technology deployment as directed by the Program Manager, interacting directly with Government counterparts to ensure maximum availability for CONUS and OCONUS ISR operations.
- Responsible for coordinating sensor improvements within contractual guidelines as agreed upon by Leidos and the Government.
- Manage integration of sensor modifications into a forward deployed ISR fleet, ensuring minimal loss of on-station capability.
- Oversee complex sensor array system advancements for a high tempo based mission flight program which include COMINT, SIGINT, HSI and FMV systems.
- Maintains appropriate liaison with Government customers, suppliers/vendors and service contractors per Leidos and contract policies and procedures.
- Responsible for detailed asset theater management for modified aircraft platforms.
- Responsible for identifying priorities, coordinating and assignment of associated tasks involving development, testing and fielding of sensor systems.
- Responsible for judicious and accurate reporting of operational system deficiencies and or delays that may affect delivery timeline and status.
- Leads Airborne Sensor Operator (ASO) hiring.
- Leads OCONUS site scheduling of OCONUS field personnel.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of applicable experience may be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- Proven Leadership ability in leading, organizing and coordination various resource teams in completing of assigned tasks.
- Requires extensive knowledge of complex sensor systems on an ISR architecture.
- IT background to include experience with networking, software, hardware, and virtual network environments and troubleshooting.
- Expert knowledge of, and ability to apply, advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts to network and mission systems.
- Must have an active Secret level security clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
- Experience working on DOD programs and projects
- Demonstrated experience in DoD air worthiness requirements
- Experience on programs modifying Special Mission Aircraft
- Experience in Program Level coordination and communication with a Government organization.
- DoD 8570 Compliant IAT Level II (ability to gain certification within 6 months)
- DOD TS/SCI Clearance
- Prior experience with the following systems:
- Beyond Line of Site (BLOS) SATCOM Networks (Hyperspectral, COMMINT, FMV)
- Experience with and understanding of AS9100 certifications
- Demonstrated experience with OCONUS operations
- Experience with MS Project, Office, PowerPoint
- Knowledge and experience with FAA Part 145 guidelines
- Knowledge and experience with DHC-7 and DHC-8 aircraft
- Experience with operational airborne ISR