No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
The Training Lead works closely with the NYPD Academy, FEMA CDP, and Leidos Management to plan, coordinate, implement, and deliver training programs in accordance with the Leidos Performance Work Statement (PWS) as required. The Training Leads reports directly to the Training Manager.
• Meet and maintain basic CDP instructor certification requirements
• Supervise and schedule instructors to meet the training delivery requirements in support of the CDP course delivery at the NYPD Counter Terrorism Unit, NYPD Academy, and other locations as required
• Serve as the Leidos and CDP point of contact to the NYPD for scheduling training, developing training delivery plans, and meeting future customer training needs
• Coordinate/manage the on-site administrative process for the student enrollment/training participation using the government approved on-line registration system with other CDP Government contracted service as directed
• Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support to the NYPD and CDP to develop, modify, and finalize training course material
• Disseminate information to instructors regarding curriculum changes, upgrades, and course enhancements that are designed to raise knowledge and skill levels
• Coordinate training schedules with the Scheduling department, course management team, and instructors
• Coordinate training support requirements with the designated CDP Training Support Services Contractor representative
• Evaluate and coordinate in-service training and assist designated instructors, as needed
• Maintain and manage files and documents in accordance with PWS requirements
• Assists with the review of curriculum to ensure consistency with National Standards and acceptable guidelines
• Monitor daily performance of instructors to include conducting instructor audits/evaluations to meet PWS requirements
• Monitor, evaluate, and recommend corrections for dangerous conditions that are observed or occur in the classroom and training sites
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice or related field; Master Degree preferred. Ten years' experience in related field will be accepted in lieu of degree
• Five years of experience managing the delivery of law enforcement training to the NYPD Academy or equivalent instructor experience
• Ten years of experience in law enforcement and/or leadership with supervisory responsibilities
• Working knowledge of CBRNE and natural hazards that can result in a catastrophic event and/or mass casualty incident.
• Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U. S. citizenship is required.
• Must have an accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act
• Must submit to and obtain final suitability by successful completion of a pre-placement screening consisting of background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
• Master degree in Criminal Justice or related field