Varec, Inc., a Leidos company, is seeking a Lead Test Engineer who will be responsible for performing and leading system and software testing projects. Varec is a leading supplier of automation, control and information systems for the oil and gas market. Varec develops and maintains a suite of software and hardware products and provides systems integration and life cycle support services for defense organizations, airlines and oil companies. These products are provided as turnkey solutions and as a Software as a Service through Varec's data center. The Lead Test Engineer will work as an integrated part of Varec development scrum teams through the full project life cycle, including concept, design, system development, acceptance testing, and post production support.
- Leading the development of acceptance test plans
- Writing manual test procedures
- Developing automated test scripts
- Creating test data
- Executing test procedures
- Managing test status and creating test reports
- Maintaining test documentation
- Collecting and reporting metrics
- Supporting the setup and maintenance of test environments
- Actively participating in agile planning sessions
- Experienced with defect management and tracking
- 10 years of related experience and a bachelors degree (additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree)
- Ability to analyze system designs and functions to develop test scenarios
- Experience developing manual test procedures
- Experience using automated test tools for browser and desktop applications
- Using automated test tools to develop load and stress test scripts
- Defining test data requirements and generating test data
- Estimating level of effort for verification and validation activities
- Experience with Microsoft-based systems and technologies.
- System Engineering and Integration experience.
- Experience testing high availability systems that use technologies, such as Microsoft Cluster Services, Windows Network Load Balancing, and hardware load balancing
- Experience testing hardware devices, such as handheld computers, hardware/software integration, operator interface terminals, and field instrumentation.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Test Manager and Visual Studio
- Experience working in a CMMI Level 3 or higher environment
- Experience with testing systems in cloud environments
- Experience testing systems to be deployed for the US Department of Defense
- Experience with multiple types of testing (manual, automation, performance, Section 508, integration, regression, acceptance, security, etc).
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to collaborate on innovative solutions
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Very detail oriented
- Quickly learns new technologies and tools
CLEARANCE: Must be capable of obtaining a U.S. Government IT2 clearance.
Varec, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is considered the pioneer of inventory tank gauging instrumentation nearly 90 years ago. Today, Varec is a worldwide leader in fuels management systems for total asset visibility and control, supplying integrated hardware and software solutions to oil and gas, defense and aviation markets. The Varec FuelsManager suite of product solutions has been a longtime standard of major oil companies and the U.S. Department of Defense, as well as aviation tank farm operators and service providers. With its headquarters and manufacturing facility outside of Atlanta, Georgia, Varec also has offices in Virginia, Australia and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.varec.com.