No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs. Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear.
We are looking for Windows / Linux Systems Engineer Subject Matter Expert to provide engineering and integration of existing, new and innovative technologies into the DEA classified and SBU production environments. The candidate shall provide effective, accurate, and timely engineering and integration services for server software and hardware, workstation software and hardware, virtualization environments and telecommunications systems. These servers include but are not limited to design, development, documentation, test, implement, and integrate enhancements.
Some of the responsibilities associated with this position include:
- Participate with the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Ensure all work products meet all the necessary security and privacy requirements.
- Analyze, design, configure, review, and integrate hardware and software
- Coordinate with other areas of DEA to ensure integration of proposed hardware, software, and all other system technologies.
- Coordinate with other contractors to assist in troubleshooting and integration of third party products.
- Provide weekly status reports on assigned activities
- Document lessons learned and problem diagnosis.
- Support business continuity and disaster preparedness planning and implementation.
- Maintain and improve the reliability and performance of the DEA classified and SBU infrastructures by integration approved technologies.
- Coordinate, plan, and implement upgrades to hardware and software on the DEA classified network
Windows System Engineering Experience
- Experience designing, planning, and deploying COTS and GOTS solutions in an enterprise Microsoft environment
- Experience with various version of Windows operation system on both servers and workstations
- Experience working in a mixed platform environment running both Linux and Microsoft systems
- Strong understanding with Microsoft Activate Directory
- Experience with troubleshooting AD issues and recommending improvements to the AD environment
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with applying DISA STIG security controls to Windows systems
- Ensure new systems are at the most recent patch level
- Respond to AD HOC requests for implementation security patches.
- Write ad maintain scripts for repetitive tasks ta must be dome to maintain Windows AD
- Experience with virtualization of Windows operating systems
- Develop and main training documentation.
- Linux operating experience
- Experience with VMWare ESXi
- Experience with McAfee EPO
- Understand of Citrix VDI
- Basic Exchange management, Ability to create mailboxes, apply patches, and perform basic troubleshooting
Must currently possess a Secret security clearance
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS in Computer Science or related field, and a minimum of 10 years' relevant experience, or Masters with 8 years' relevant experience. Additional years of experience, and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.