No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear.
The NISC III program at Leidos is looking for an Environmental Health and Safety Engineer to support the Federal Aviation Administration in Jamaica, NY.
This position's primary task is to provide Engineering Services (ES) with extensive project reviews and support throughout the project life cycle by performing the following:
- Provide project engineer with assistance in determining the EOSH Hazards and potential impacts during the project planning phase.
- The EOSH Professional will assist the engineer in identifying existing site EOSH data. Asbestos survey reports, Fall Protection and Rescue Plans, WIT Inspection data, Tower Inspections, Lead Testing data, Lockout/Tag out procedures, etc. will be acquired and used by the project engineer to verify these data and compile additional information during the survey.
- Assist engineer in identifying EOSH Project Hazards during the Design Phase. The EOSH Professional will review project specifications and drawings.
- Review and comment on engineering packages, contractor submittals, work plans, and project documents concerning safety and hazardous materials, to include providing technical guidance in developing engineering packages, specifications, and project transmittals and providing technical guidance at project and pre-construction meetings. Develop cost estimates for the environmental and safety needs of projects. Assist and provide all applicable required EOSH review documentation, including 3900.57A forms, into project review package.
- Provide a complete EOSH project review for Engineering Services projects, incorporating OSHA, EPA, FAA, and applicable standards and regulations.
- When requested, conduct site survey visits to project sites to identify and verify existing or potential EOSH impacts within the planning phase.
- Identify all local, state, and federal regulations specific to the project being reviewed and determine applicable forms, permits, and notices that are required.
- Conduct EOSH sampling such as asbestos, drinking water, and more.
Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
Typical education and experience:
Typically requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or
Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Prior experience working for/with the Federal Aviation Administration