Leidos Veterans Health Group has an opening for a Program Manager to manage our DMHS program. This is an exciting opportunity to manage the operations of Digitized Mail Handling Services (DMHS) program supporting our veterans. Experience managing programs supporting VA contracts is required. Experience working with VA/VBA customers is required.
The successful candidate is responsible for directing and accomplishing the required contract efforts, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of DMHS program goals and objectives. The PM acts as the single point of contact with the Government Contracting Officers Representative (COR) for all contract operations including the authority for scheduling and rescheduling all resources, signature authority for accepting task assignments and changes to the task assignments. "Hands on" management experience with large project management disciplines including scheduling, planning financial management, personnel management, and customer relationship management. The PM's responsibility will include planning, execution and control of such activities as contractual and administrative matters, contract deliverables, cost accounting and reporting and support activities. Other responsibilities listed below:
- Influences development of solutions that affect strategic DMHS program goals and business results.
- Requires ability to communicate with executive leadership within Leidos and VA regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project.
- Works to improve DMHS CM Portal performance and guide the team to accept new concepts, practices and processes to improve the software.
- Monitor and analyze application performance, capacity, reliability, and stability metrics.
- Conduct advance planning to meet customer's contract requirements.
- Support the application/customer at the Operations Planning meetings, assessing change impact, performing risk mitigation, and organizing communication plans.
- Ensure adherence to VA policy and standards during meetings, release management/operational readiness reviews, and other work sessions, such as planning and budgeting.
- Provide regular status reports on the following areas: outages, root cause analysis, and remediation plans; risks and issues (in advance of a crisis); customer satisfaction, lifecycle plans; application metrics, trends, and other actions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal/external customers.
- Develop and deliver reports per the DMHS contract.
- Develop and deliver reports per Leidos requirements.
- Approve timesheets for Leidos employees and subcontractors.
- Review and approve contractor invoices.
- Manage contract budget and execution to achieve financial targets.
- BA degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have experience supporting the Department of Veteran Affairs government contracts.
- Experience working with VA/VBA customers.
- Has expert knowledge of industry practices, advanced techniques and solutions within a professional discipline to develop new standards, processes, and solutions.
- Strong written and oral communications
- Ability to monitor and analyze application performance, capacity, reliability, and stability metrics.
- Ability to conduct advance planning to meet customer's contract requirements.
- Ability to ensure adherence to VA policy and standards during meetings, release management/operational readiness reviews, and other work sessions, such as planning and budgeting.
- Ability to develop and provide regular status reports to customers (per contract) and Leidos.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal/external customers.
- Ability to manage team of Leidos employees.
- Ability to manage contract budget and execution to achieve financial targets.
- Experience working with scanning vendors
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)