No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
Join the Leidos NISC III program as an Eastern Service Center Quality Control Group Specialist. The NISC III contract provides technical support to various Air Traffic Control Towers, Terminal Radar Approach Controls (TRACON), Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCC) the FAA Air Traffic Organization headquarters and Regional Offices.
The selected candidate will be a subject matter expert in support of the review, development and oversight in the processing of aircraft accidents, aircraft incidents, air traffic incidents, and safety initiatives. This this will include Vehicle/Pedestrian Deviations, Near Mid-Air collisions, and other miscellaneous documentation maintained by the Quality Control Group (QCG). The chosen candidate will review incident reports to identify potential quality control concerns after significant events and respond or follow up and provide one-on-one morning briefings to the Air Traffic Director. This includes post-incident reviews and processing events forwarded by headquarters.
The selected candidate will review proposed changes to the National Airspace System (NAS), build safety cases and identify risk. The selected candidate must have excellent customer service skills necessary to interact with senior level management and internal and external customers, as well as foster an environment of cooperation between different departments and co-workers. The selected candidate will monitor and assist District Quality Control personnel and maintain general oversight of their Quality Control Program.
The chosen applicant will interface with ATC field facilities, Service Center, Headquarters, and vendors, as necessary, to stay abreast of current and future ATC automated systems and maintain records and provide reports of progress and problems at the Service Area's field facilities.
Typically requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
Please Note: This is a day shift role position, that has a 24 hour ON CALL Duty requirement. One can be expected to be assigned on call duty 6-8 days on each 60 day schedule. Position have 50% travel requirement.
- Requires 10 plus years previous FAA Air Traffic Controller experience in a Terminal OR Enroute facility.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Must be able to work, manage and maintain information stored in a Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN)/SharePoint site(s).
- Must be able to conduct research, evaluations, studies, and present recommendations/solutions related to short and long-term program planning requirements
- Must be able to lead monthly program team meetings and participate in national and regional telcons.; Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance.
- Previous experience at a level 10/11/12 Air Traffic Control facility will receive preference. BA/BS degree from an accredited college. FAA management and/or Staff experience.