Leidos is seeking a UC Project Engineer to join our operations engineering team supporting the Global Video Services (GVS) Program as a part of DISA's GSM-O contract in Scott Air Force Base, IL.
The UC Project Engineer will be responsible for the planning, organizing, securing and managing resource to provide successful service delivery and contract goals and objectives. . The ideal candidate should possess some knowledge of Network Management, Incident Management, Trouble Management, Problem Management, network administration & maintenance. The ideal candidate will orchestrate, plan, report, and perform technical activities to execute DODIN operational engineering globally. The candidate should be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision. The team member will track and brief projects using Microsoft Project. Daily interaction will be with the task and functional leaderships, subcontractors, and support personnel. Specific responsibilities also include:
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment in which many demands are placed on the PM and team;
- Work independently to achieve day to day objectives and attend meetings;
- Work closely supervised and with smaller, less complex projects or task-related activities.
- Understand and oversee all phases of the project development lifecycle;
- Align program with Leidos management organizational objectives;
- Report status to the customer, as well as internally within the Leidos organization;
- Participate in the larger cross-program team to collaborate on business area initiatives, align your program with broader organizational goals, and share information;
- Perform risk management and brief leadership to minimize project risk
- Perform various IT task associated with documentation
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in coaching and review the work of lower level professionals;
- Develop solutions to problems throughout the analysis process of the project
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 4-8 years prior relevant or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to tailor communications for peers, employees, technical experts, executives, and varying levels of customer stakeholders, as needed
- Excellent leadership, motivational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success as a team player within a complex work environment
- Experience with Office Productivity tools: Microsoft Project, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Currently possess an active Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with GTMS/ ITSM Remedy
- PMP certification preferred
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
- SharePoint experience
External Referral Eligible