Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries.
Leidos is seeking an Intermediate Network Engineer to support Post Production Software Support (PPSS) and Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) engineering and technical services to the CECOM Software Engineering Center Mission Command Division based in Aberdeen MD with operations located at both Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD and Ft. Sill/Lawton, OK.
Successful candidates will support our customer in creating capabilities and providing technical services and subject matter expertise in Mission Command, Fires and C2 Maneuver systems. You will provide technical support to the Family of Tactical and Strategic Mission Command systems to include: FBCB2, JCR, JBC-P, FSS, Common Software, BCCS, TSI, GCCS-A, TS3, TDI, CPI2, DCO, TDM, COE v3, CPCE, Command Web, DDS, CPOF, GCCS-A; SICPS and MIP/ACIS as well as the US Army's FIRES Family of Systems including: AFATDS, JADOCS, FOS, FF-Q37, FF-Q36, Centaur LWTFDS, PVM, MMS-P, PFED, LCMR Q50, AN/TQP-53 and LCMR Q49.
- Must be capable of performing network engineering functions including: design, implementation, and optimization.
- Must have some experience in assessing evolving user needs, translating those needs into network changes through network reconfiguration, hardware and software acquisitions, installation and test.
- Must have some knowledge in the application of current and emerging network software and hardware technology and protocols.
- Assist in solving engineering problems (or managing the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area to which assigned.
- Additional responsibilities include: administering, operating, and securing Government Networks including SIPRNet, NIPRNet, DREN, SDREN, and JMETC; providing network support for development facilities and laboratories; supporting/managing/operating networking hardware and updates, network SW Tools, and network test equipment/tools
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or other Technical Discipline
- Five (5) years of experience performing network engineering functions
- Currently possess an active Secret clearance.
- Familiarity with DOD networking environment a strong plus
- Familiarity with CECOM Software Engineering Center Post Production Software Sustainment (PPSS) processes a plus