Leidos Corporate Group has an immediate opening for a Computer Operations Specialist to join our IT Services team in San Diego - CA.
In this role, you will provide Tier 1 support for our IT Operations Support Center and interact heavily with large portion of the IT Services Staffing team that serves as a vital link between the developers / application support teams. You will also responsible for scheduling of all production batch processing.
Other responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with administrators and developers/programmers to develop precise restart / recovery instructions.
- Implement the functions associated to batch scheduling, creating calendars, setting variable and operating an enterpriser scheduler.
- Prepare flowcharts, outline nightly execution of jobs, and provide after-hour support for production batch scheduling.
- Perform tidal maintenance and administrative tasks.
- Participate in the change management process, by attending release board meetings and scrutinize change requests assigned to the Operations Support Team for processing.
- Take the lead in resolving problems/issues within scheduling resulting in continual abnormal termination or force completed jobs, or by reaching out to developers/application team.
- Interact daily with manager, supervisor, peer groups, and customers which normally involve exchanges or presentation of factual information. Respond to requests for assistance in a professional and courteous manner.
- High School diploma coupled with 2-4 years of Computer Operator Specialist experience.
- Experience with Tidal Enterprise Scheduler and MS Office Suite
- Problem Tracking System experience.
- Understand the required analyses and definition associated to production batch processing.
- Has knowledge of scheduling solutions which promote efficient batch processing and assist in expedient turn-around of critical outages.
- Ability to effectively communicate with subordinates, peers, management, customers and developers (via voice and correspondence) to remedy outstanding problems.
- Adapt to and acquire familiarity with use to new systems/software.
- Function day-to-day independent of significant supervisory guidance.
- Perform on-call duties as needed.
- Experience with the following: SQL 2008 R2, Windows, Tivoli Enterprise Console, EMGT performance monitoring,
- Remedy Problem Reporting / Change Management System