Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries.
Leidos is seeking a Senior/Lead Clerk-Typist/Word Processor to support Post Production Software Support (PPSS) and Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) engineering and technical services to the CECOM
Software Engineering Center Mission Command Division based in Aberdeen MD with operations located at both Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD and Ft. Sill/Lawton, OK.
Successful candidates will support our customer in creating capabilities and providing technical services and subject matter expertise in Mission Command, Fires and C2 Maneuver systems. You will provide administrative support to the Family of Tactical and Strategic Mission Command systems to include: FBCB2, JCR, JBC-P, FSS, Common Software, BCCS, TSI, GCCS-A, TS3, TDI, CPI2, DCO, TDM, COEv3, CPCE, Command Web, DDS, CPOF, GCCS-A; SICPS and MIP/ACIS as well as the US Army's FIRES Family of Systems including: AFATDS, JADOCS, FOS, FF-Q37, FF-Q36, Centaur LWTFDS, PVM, MMS-P, PFED, LCMR Q50, AN/TQP-53 and LCMR Q49.
- Types materials from written drafts originating in the different organizational elements of the organization.
- Plans the layout of text, charts, forms, tabulation, or any combination of this material for neat and balanced appearance.
- Must have knowledge of grammar, spelling, capitalization, and punctuation needed to type a variety of materials accurately from written sources or voice recording.
- Must have knowledge of clerical procedures used to perform the work.
- Must use judgment in locating, selecting, and applying the most appropriate authorized alternative among the various guidelines covering similar situations.
- Refers situations involving significant deviations from established guidelines, or the absence of adequate guidelines, to supervisor.
- Proofreads typed material before returning it to the author in order to eliminate typographical errors.
- Uses word processing equipment to produce draft and final documentation suitable for publication.
- Works from draft, edited, or previously typed material to record, update, and print required documentation.
- Maintains record of work accomplished, files and document completed work, and works in cooperation with others in large, complex publication efforts.
- Coordinates and provides administrative support for conferences and meetings.
- Photocopies, faxes and files project documents and correspondence.
- Trains new clerk-typists, establishes standards, and supervises and reviews the work of assigned personnel.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 3 years of relevant administrative/business office experience
- Currently possess an active SECRET Clearance
- Associate's Degree is highly desirable