Job Requisition:Senior Systems Engineer
The Space Electro-Optics InfraRed (EO/IR) Department within the Leidos Innovation Center at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Systems Engineer to work in our San Diego, CA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Next Generation OPIR Block 1 Prototype Risk Reduction and other space payload programs where Leidos is transforming the payload solutions for the future. You will work closely with the Chief Engineer, Systems Engineers, Software Engineers, and as well as Government counterparts to perform and manage the full spectrum of systems engineering tasks to include; requirements analysis, system and interface design, system integration, system testing, using a Models Based System Engineering (MBSE) approach. You will evaluate alternatives including cost and risk, supportability, and analyses for total systems. Duties include performing systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
Fun stuff you will be doing on the job:
• On a project basis, directs and/or coordinates activities necessary to complete major projects requiring a wide variety of technical skills related to development to new EO/IR sensors, components, and subassemblies
• Responsible for managing and employing SE standard methods, MBSE models and artifacts, SE processes and tools to accomplish requirements analysis, problem diagnosis and solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities
• Interface with government personnel to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve SE issues
• Work closely with the chief engineer, electrical, optical, and mechanical engineers on the following key tasks:
• Technical management and execution of engineering activities requirements analysis, implementation planning, third party coordination, integration and test, documentation, deployment, and system assessment
• Employ MBSE approach for systems planning, design, execution, and operations
• Define processes for technical platforms, system specifications, interfaces and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility
• Develop and maintain systems engineering documentation and diagrams/models through use of MBSE tool
• Monitor & report technical variances; facilitate resolution of technical issues and risks that adversely impact successful product delivery
• Identify and manage external dependencies
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, systems engineering, or related technical field with at least 10 years of experience in systems engineering
• US citizenship and an active Secret security clearance
• Demonstrable knowledge of systems engineering concepts and applying these concepts to military or commercial space systems
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other systems engineers in the development of complex software systems
• Demonstrated ability to diagnose complex system problems and develop innovative solutions.
• Experience with employing MBSE approach and tools (NoMagic, IBM, or similar)
• Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities
• Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance
• Master’s degree in systems engineering
• Background with missile warning CONOPS and mission
• Certification in SysML
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering1000Leidos Innovations Center (LInC)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.